Lake in the Woods Swim Team Guidelines 2016
1. Come to every practice prepared to have fun and develop your swimming skills.
2. Be at practice on time and come prepared with goggles, bathing suit, towel, and cap (for girls).
3. It is very important that you inform the coaches of any absences: camps, illness, vacations, etc. We expect kids to be at practice daily and get worried when they don’t show up, especially with kids who ride to the pool on their own. Morning practice must be made up unless you tell the coaches, in advance, that you were missing practice that day. Coaches record each day’s practice laps and post them in the Swim Team notebook so you know what you need to do when you come later in the day.
4. Please inform the coaches as soon as possible, if your swimmer will not be attending a meet. If you miss a practice on a meet day without informing the coaches, you will NOT be able to participate. The coaches create a unique line-up for each meet, and those decisions are made at practice the morning of the meets.
5. Swimmers will display good sportsmanship at all times during practice and at meets. During meets, it is considered good sportsmanship to wait in the water until all swimmers have finished the race, before exiting the water.
6. Swimmers should stay until the end of a meet and the final cheer is done unless a parent notifies the coach. Remember you are part of a team, and we want to support each other.
7. For the safety of our swimmers on swim meet days, all participants are not permitted at the pool after 2:00 pm to prevent heat exhaustion, dehydration, etc. This is a safety issue.
Team Suits & Caps: Team suits are online, and LITW caps can be purchased from the coaches for $5/latex and $10/silicone.
Parent Involvement: All parents are asked to help out to make our season run smoothly. Each family needs to volunteer for at least 3 positions on the SignUp genius website. If you do not sign up by Thurs., June 16, you will be assigned volunteer positions. If you cannot help at that meet, we ask that you find a replacement/trade with someone else. When helping with concessions, please bring a bag of ice and a baked good or fresh cut fruit.
Please contact the coaches with scheduling information or questions.